Monday, May 12, 2008

26

I was a bit confused when Screwtape stated that he substitutes the negative selfishness with the positive charity of the enemy. It took me a bit to be able to figure out what he meant by this. I think that the enemy just wants to confuse others in that matter and gain from the confusion. I think that more than sympathetic we should be able to empathise with others. Feeling sorry for someone is different from understanding what they are feeling or going through, or at least wanting to understand. I think that even people who think that they are good go around saying that they feel sorry for people but only do it to keep their reputation of being a good person. When someone truly cares and truly wants to help, it isn't necessary to make it known to the world that you have done something good. God knows it, and that is all that matters.

No comments: