Monday, May 12, 2008

Screwtape Proposes a Toast

Temptation is big in this section! I agree with what screwtape had to say about temptation. I think that temptation can knock anyone out of their path to goodness. I agree that what you surround yourself with is what you are. When I was reading this, it reminded me of my parents, they have always said that to me. They also said to me before" tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are". As I have been growing up and maturing, I have found that I have been surrounding myself by different things, not necessarily surrounding myself with different people, but excluding certain people from my environment. I remember telling my parents that wasn't true, that no matter what others were like or what they did, I am my own person that is it. Unconsciously, I have managed to slowly change my surroundings.

No comments: